What is veterinary canine rehabilitation?
Just like humans, dogs and cats can benefit from a specific exercise program and other therapies that help decrease pain and improve fitness. The main goal of canine rehabilitation and feline rehabilitation is to restore, maintain, and maximize your pet’s strength, function, movement, and overall well-being.
Will my pet benefit from canine rehabilitation or feline rehabilitation?
Your pet would benefit from rehabilitation if they:
- have had an accident, trauma, or an injury that is limiting movement or causing pain
- perform in competitions that require strength and endurance
- have developed a new behavioral problem that may be caused by pain
- have developed a weakness in their body
- are getting older and have any degenerative changes, such as arthritis
- have a neurological condition (disc disease/back pain, degenerative myelopathy, etc)
- have had orthopedic or neurosurgery
Rehab Services Include:
- Gait/Lameness evaluation
- Therapeutic exercises
- Massage/manual therapy
- Cryotherapy/heat therapy
- Cold laser therapy